MSU Police are investigating a late reported armed robbery
EAST LANSING, Mich. – The Michigan State University Police are investigating a late report of an armed robbery against an 18-year-old student that occurred at about 3 a.m. Thursday near the Beaumont Tower.
A student reported that the suspect robbed him at knife point while he was walking northbound toward Grand River Avenue. The suspect then fled on foot with the student’s backpack and wallet.
The student was not injured and did not require any medical attention.
The student described the suspect as being a white male and 6 feet tall with an athletic build. He was last seen wearing jeans and a ball cap and had dark hair.
MSU police are asking anyone who was in the area and may have seen anything or anyone matching the description of the suspect to contact the department at (517) 355-2222.
- Call 911 if you are in danger.
- Walk in well-lit areas if possible.
- Be aware of your surroundings and others in the area.
- Realize that listening to headphones or iPods, or talking on your cell while walking decreases your awareness of your surroundings.
- Walk with others when possible.
CATA Bus Customer Services
(517) 432-2282, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m.-7 p.m. and weekends 9 a.m.- 5 p.m.
CATA Night Owl
(517) 432-8888, Monday through Friday, 2 a.m.-7 a.m.
Use any campus green light phone to call the CATA Night Owl. The bus will arrive within 20 minutes of calling.
State Walk, an on-campus night-time walking service, pairs up volunteers with those leaving the Main Library to various on-campus locations. Hours are from Sunday through Wednesday, 9 p.m.–1 a.m. Persons can sign up at the reference desk located on the first floor of the Main Library across from the reference desk. For more information, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
For information on IM self defense classes on campus, call (517) 432-2661.